Oriental Arms assistance

ESmith

ESmith
Total Posts:  550
Joined  15-11-2005

06 December 2006 19:44

Linusboarder wrote:

I too like the third one, with the vert star.

seconded!    grin

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

06 December 2006 20:21

Both to better symbolize the particular ethnic & religious origins, and to avoid confusion with other existing fess & crescents arms, how about restoring the star within each crescent and still keep the fess?

MohamedHossam

MohamedHossam
Total Posts:  967
Joined  03-12-2006

06 December 2006 20:22

Hmm, let me try that, just a sec

MohamedHossam

MohamedHossam
Joined  03-12-2006

06 December 2006 20:31

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/1385d8c955.bmp

Hmm, I’m not sure. What do you all think?

Linusboarder

Linusboarder
Total Posts:  732
Joined  20-08-2006

06 December 2006 22:24

Well the 2 stars in base need to be rotated so they have a point vertical. What about adding a barrlet vert inside the fess?

MohamedHossam

MohamedHossam
Joined  03-12-2006

06 December 2006 23:49

Ok,

First one is the three crescent-star pairs argent, but this time with a barret vert. The second one is just crescents. I tried the arms with the star, and just inverted the colors so that the barret had a white star, but it had become too diminished.  The third one is the three crescent-stair pairs with the stars correct as per your specification. Actually, now that I have seen the one’s without a star in the middle in a corrected depiction they don’t look that bad. What do you think?

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/14aa5f7393.bmp

ESmith

ESmith
Total Posts:  550
Joined  15-11-2005

07 December 2006 00:33

I like the first one Vert, between two bars, three stars within three cresents, 1 in chief, 2 in base, Argent

MohamedHossam

MohamedHossam
Joined  03-12-2006

07 December 2006 01:06

hmmm…..I’m gonna decide on one of these:

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/f934ff45a9.bmp

Personally, I’m leaning towards the one without stars, since it is simple and would be easier to have made on things such as seals or letterhead. As to the other one, personally, I prefer shields that have either one charge, or one charge repeated. I have read that this is the common style in the heraldry of Eastern and North Eastern Europe. What do you all think? Any ideas as to the crest and exterior ornaments??

Linusboarder

Linusboarder
Joined  20-08-2006

07 December 2006 01:09

My vote is the one with the star vert

MohamedHossam

MohamedHossam
Joined  03-12-2006

07 December 2006 01:32

I’ve thought up an idea for the exterior ornaments, if possible. Two crossed flags, "trophy style". What do you think? I have seen someone on this site, Andemichael (I apologize of spelled incorrectly), who has what I assume to be Ethiopian style arms, having crossed spears behind their shield?

So I was wondering if anyone could perhaps show us an image of this? I think also, that if the arms were to have such an exterior ornament, that when they are depicted they should have a think decorated border in gold, to make it look like an actual "shield" with my emblem displayed on it.

I will try to make a rough sketch, and then we will see what anyone else came up with.

Something that would be to this effect, only without the cannons and weapons and with just a crescent and star crest, rather than all that baroque ornamentation

http://www.cartes-affiches.com/images/nichan.gif

emrys

emrys
Total Posts:  852
Joined  08-04-2006

07 December 2006 03:21

MohamedHossam wrote:

Ok,

First one is the three crescent-star pairs argent, but this time with a barret vert. The second one is just crescents. I tried the arms with the star, and just inverted the colors so that the barret had a white star, but it had become too diminished. The third one is the three crescent-stair pairs with the stars correct as per your specification. Actually, now that I have seen the one’s without a star in the middle in a corrected depiction they don’t look that bad. What do you think?

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/14aa5f7393.bmp

just an idea, use the second one but put an extra stripe in the middle, that way you will get a fess effect but in a very distinctive way.

Linusboarder

Linusboarder
Joined  20-08-2006

07 December 2006 10:20

emrys wrote:

just an idea, use the second one but put an extra stripe in the middle, that way you will get a fess effect but in a very distinctive way.

I like this idea a lot, also it goes with your "3’s" theme.

Also I like the general idea of the exterior ornaments you had in mind. I think they will be very nice looking and very distinctive.

MohamedHossam

MohamedHossam
Joined  03-12-2006

07 December 2006 12:23

Now we just need to get everything settled on and we can move on to the exterior ornaments. I think that I should at first just chose a design for the shield from the ones I showed you. I personally like the one that was just Vert, a fess argent between three crescents (1 & 2) of the second.

As for the exterior ornaments:

The crossed flags, would probably be 4. Two on each side, I sketched the one with just two flags by hand, and it was a bit difficult to realize what they are. As to the design of the flags, they should be green with a white crescent and star. They would have finials of gold crescents as well as gold tassled cords attached below the finials. As to the crest, I was thinking a star and crescent, facing up (as in the arms) in gold, this would probably be most effective in three-D depiction.

So, does anyone have any good clipart programs that would put this up nicely? such as Armorial Gold?

BTW-I am thinking of applying for a student membership in the AHS.

I think my arms are coming along nicely. Thanks for everyone’s contribution, I think we have almost reached the final product.

MohamedHossam

MohamedHossam
Joined  03-12-2006

07 December 2006 22:28

So now that I have chosen my actual arms, can anyone help with the actual depiction? Could anyone who has armorial gold or anyother heraldic clipart program make even a basic depiction of it so that I can see the whole thing? I would be much obliged.

Later, if we get everything down we can talk more about the arms as a whole, and depictions, etc.

MohamedHossam

MohamedHossam
Joined  03-12-2006

09 December 2006 01:10

Haven’t been posting in a while…

Anyways, due to recent discussions, will anyone who has any drawings, ideas, etc for my coat of arms please kindly email me these?

My email is in my profile, it is mohamedhossam512@yahoo.com

Thanks

Any stuff would be greatly appreciated smile