Office of the Brazilian Naval Attaché

Marcus K

Marcus K
Total Posts:  3368
Joined  06-05-2005

19 March 2007 16:56

From the site of the Office of the Brazilian Naval Attaché to the United States and Canada the arms of the said office:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9037/adneucwj0.gif

The Eagle is for the US and the Maple leaf for Canada. Green and gold are the Brazilian national colours, the anchor represent the naval aspect and cooperation between the navies of the three countries. Many surplus US warships have also found their way to Brazil.

Marcus K

Marcus K
Joined  06-05-2005

19 March 2007 17:01

I must say that I’am not pleased with the inclusion of the whole US arms. As the office is not an US government institution I don’t think it should use the national arms of the USA. It also makes the CoA unnecessary complicated, in par with the Maple leaf perhaps only an Eagle’s head should have been used.

Daniel C. Boyer

Daniel C. Boyer
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  16-03-2005

20 March 2007 16:17

Marcus K wrote:

I must say that I’am not pleased with the inclusion of the whole US arms. As the office is not an US government institution I don’t think it should use the national arms of the USA. It also makes the CoA unnecessary complicated, in par with the Maple leaf perhaps only an Eagle’s head should have been used.

I’m in agreement with this (the arms are proper, aren’t they?  It’s a bit difficult to tell from the emblazonment).

Marcus K

Marcus K
Joined  06-05-2005

20 March 2007 16:32

Daniel C. Boyer wrote:

I’m in agreement with this (the arms are proper, aren’t they?  It’s a bit difficult to tell from the emblazonment).

Yes they are proper.