registration service ??????

Chapulin

Chapulin
Total Posts:  480
Joined  19-08-2005

28 September 2007 20:36

Are any of you aware of this site? http://www.riag.es/index.html I found my COA and others from this board registered here

I never submitted for their service???????

Michael Swanson

Michael Swanson
Total Posts:  2462
Joined  26-02-2005

28 September 2007 20:50

My pic is there too.  That sucks.

Jonathan R. Baker

Jonathan R. Baker
Total Posts:  625
Joined  27-03-2007

28 September 2007 21:11

As is my own.  What is the best course of action here?  This is apparently a for-profit organization, and the use of my arms seems to indicate that I am in some way a satisfied customer of theirs.  It appears to me that they simply raided our Members’ Roll of Arms.  Should there be a corporate response, or should we simply contact the webmaster as private individuals?

Chapulin

Chapulin
Joined  19-08-2005

28 September 2007 21:15

Obviously, but I don’t read the lingo, they are using existing COA’s to make the appearance that they are established in order to drum up some biz. They could have at least bought me dinner first.

They credited the other legit registrations but I just don’t like the idea of being attached to their scam

eploy

eploy
Total Posts:  768
Joined  30-03-2007

28 September 2007 21:43

It may simply be a free armorial like the rec.heraldry armorial maintained by Jerome Grimbert.  See:  http://jgrimbert.free.fr/herald/rh/.

Still, the webmaster should have asked permission before displaying your arms.  Furthermore, the website may give outsiders the impression that they had a hand in designing your arms and assisted you in their registration with other bodies.

Noticeably, they do not appear to have raided any "commercial" armorials like Burke’s Peerage & Gentry International Register of Arms.  You should request that they remove your arms from their armorial.

Andrew J Vidal

Andrew J Vidal
Total Posts:  567
Joined  13-10-2006

28 September 2007 21:49

I’m on there, and mad as hell about it!  How do we get them removed?  I didn’t see any email address, but if I read it correctly they’re in San Francisco????  This is unfair and all the more reason why we need some kind of protection.  I feel robbed.  What’s worse, they stole the emblazonment that I like the least!  If you’re going to steal from me, don’t insult me by leaving the best I have behind!!:banghead:

Chapulin

Chapulin
Joined  19-08-2005

28 September 2007 21:53

I submitted my COA to Jerome Grimbert’s website and that is where the difference lay, plus 150 euros doesn’t sound free

… how much is that anyway?

Chapulin

Chapulin
Joined  19-08-2005

28 September 2007 21:56

Andrew J Vidal;50167 wrote:

I’m on there, and mad as hell about it! How do we get them removed? I didn’t see any email address, but if I read it correctly they’re in San Francisco???? This is unfair and all the more reason why we need some kind of protection. I feel robbed. What’s worse, they stole the emblazonment that I like the least! If you’re going to steal from me, don’t insult me by leaving the best I have behind!!:banghead:

I don’t think thats San Francisco California

Andrew J Vidal

Andrew J Vidal
Total Posts:  567
Joined  13-10-2006

28 September 2007 21:59

ignaciokoblischek@plenumweb.com

That’s their email address.  I suggest we send them one hell of an email as a society demanding our arms be taken down.

Chapulin

Chapulin
Joined  19-08-2005

28 September 2007 22:08
Linusboarder

Linusboarder
Total Posts:  732
Joined  20-08-2006

28 September 2007 22:28

I assume they just took the images from our armorial and pasted them to their site… I am not amused

Chapulin

Chapulin
Joined  19-08-2005

28 September 2007 22:33

Andrew J Vidal;50170 wrote:

ignaciokoblischek@plenumweb.com

That’s their email address. I suggest we send them one hell of an email as a society demanding our arms be taken down.

I think that would be a good first course of action

David Pritchard

David Pritchard
Total Posts:  2058
Joined  26-01-2007

28 September 2007 22:38

Chapulin;50168 wrote:

I submitted my COA to Jerome Grimbert’s website and that is where the difference lay, plus 150 euros doesn’t sound free

I too submitted my arms and blazon to the rec.heraldry role of arms maintained by Jérôme Grimbert. There is a great difference in requesting that your arms be posted on an Internet roll of arms and having them included in a roll without your knowledge. As of today’s date, 150 Euros equals 213 US Dollars.

Since my Spanish Certification of Arms is supposed to provide me with legal protection in Spain, I wonder just what my options are?

MohamedHossam

MohamedHossam
Total Posts:  967
Joined  03-12-2006

28 September 2007 22:43

http://www.riag.es/Registro/A/abdelrahman.html’‘

My arms have also been posted! Though they have the old ones with wrong crest…

Wonder why they referred to me as Don Mohamed Hossam? That supposed to make stealing my arms ok? :rolleyes: It appears they mistook me for a gentleman. :p

We have to do something about it!

Cheers,

eploy

eploy
Joined  30-03-2007

29 September 2007 00:06

Chapulin;50168 wrote:

Have they tried to collect the 150 euros?  I suspect the 150 euros applies for new armigers (i.e., those who need new arms devised and wish to have them registered with a notary public - my guess).

eploy

eploy
Joined  30-03-2007

29 September 2007 00:13

David Pritchard;50174 wrote:

Since my Spanish Certification of Arms is supposed to provide me with legal protection in Spain, I wonder just what my options are?

What about copyright protection?  Aren’t your arms being used to promote a commercial venture without your consent?  Is this not copyright infringement?  Does not sound like fair use to me…