10 August 2012 02:53

I see your point, thank you!

bmerlina352

bmerlina352
Total Posts:  108
Joined  13-07-2012

14 August 2012 19:14

here is a semi-final version of the arms, still working on the motto

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-3W3gZkT_uV0/UCrb_oFYaMI/AAAAAAAAAA4/O8T5vhkFTeU/w497-h373/2012-08-14

wow i just realized the maltese crosses are missing from the orders arms

bmerlina352

bmerlina352
Joined  13-07-2012

14 August 2012 19:51

Michael F. McCartney;95126 wrote:

Thanks fir the info!—though mayI suggest. for any public discussion or official use, that the azure represents the heavens, rather than…  smile

while respect your view i digress, the field of azure intentionally represents the MG’s personal devotion to the Blessed Virgin and her patronage to not only the order but the communion as a whole.  i must point out political correctness has no place in catholic heraldry

bmerlina352

bmerlina352
Joined  13-07-2012

14 August 2012 19:55

also what would be the accurate blazon for the personal arms.  The best i have been able to come up with is:  AZURE BETWEEN A FLEUR-DIS-LYS AND TAU CROSS A BEND OR.

Joseph McMillan

Joseph McMillan
Total Posts:  7658
Joined  08-06-2004

14 August 2012 20:34

friarbrett;95271 wrote:

while respect your view i digress, the field of azure intentionally represents the MG’s personal devotion to the Blessed Virgin and her patronage to not only the order but the communion as a whole. i must point out political correctness has no place in catholic heraldry

Brett, I’m afraid you missed the joke.  I think Michael was referring to your statement, "the tincture i pretty much pulled out of my rear."  Not to be picky, but perhaps if you had spelled "except" correctly, it might have been clearer that you were excluding the azure from that characterization.  Although in the personal arms that leaves only the gold to be explained anyway.

In any case, the ordinary is usually blazoned first, so "Azure a bend between a tau cross and a fleur de lis Or."

bmerlina352

bmerlina352
Joined  13-07-2012

14 August 2012 21:36

Joseph McMillan;95273 wrote:

Brett, I’m afraid you missed the joke.  I think Michael was referring to your statement, "the tincture i pretty much pulled out of my rear."  Not to be picky, but perhaps if you had spelled "except" correctly, it might have been clearer that you were excluding the azure from that characterization.  Although in the personal arms that leaves only the gold to be explained anyway.

In any case, the ordinary is usually blazoned first, so "Azure a bend between a tau cross and a fleur de lis Or."

I could of swore i typed "except" oh well.  also it is true that this only leaves the "or" to be explained although i had considered making the bend of another tincture but did not want to get into sterotypical ecclesiastical heraldry blunders. and thanks for the blazon.  the orders arms wont prove as simple…