New Artistic Emblazon

J. Stolarz

J. Stolarz
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  30-11-2007

04 March 2013 15:53

After watching The Hobbit several times, I was inspired by the dwarven artwork and architecture in the movies.  There was a particular raven design that I found in the art book for the movie that really inspired me (I don’t believe the design actually appears in the movie unfortunately) and things kind of just went from there.  I almost included helm and mantling, but determined that there was too much detail particularly in the helm, which just detracted from the overall look.  The final look ended up looking fairly modern.  I hope you enjoy the final result as much as I do.

Josh

<div class=“bbcode_center” >
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/BrokenChainsX/Dwarven_zpsae8e9c32.png
</div>

Guy Power

Guy Power
Total Posts:  1576
Joined  05-01-2006

06 March 2013 11:42

Your "Oakenshield" seems to have split in two places.

I really like the design; and, I think you could add a simplified Dwarven helm—one that will not be too busy; and perhaps a Dwarf-cloak vice mantling.

—Guy

Kenneth Mansfield

Kenneth Mansfield
Total Posts:  2518
Joined  04-06-2007

06 March 2013 11:55

For my own tastes, I think I’d try to give the crest a little more visual balance. It looks like it’s going to topple off to the left. But I think you have done a great job at achieving the look you’re going for.

J. Stolarz

J. Stolarz
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  30-11-2007

06 March 2013 19:22

Thanks guys, I’m glad you like the design.  Took me quite awhile to get the look I wanted.