Beatles Producer CoA

Edward Wenzl

Edward Wenzl
Total Posts:  158
Joined  18-04-2006

07 January 2007 10:42

http://www.college-of-arms.gov.uk/Martin.htm

Because the Bono Order of Merit thread produced such a wide discussion, I thought I would post a remotely related post.  I don’t know for sure, but I am inclined to think he got this CoA because he was willing to give the College of Arms three thousand pounds of so for the honor.

Marcus K

Marcus K
Total Posts:  3368
Joined  06-05-2005

07 January 2007 16:52

Well as a Knight Batchelor as the badge before the CBE below the shield tells he is, he is fully entitled to a CoA. The Beatles is obviously a reference to teh group.

arriano

arriano
Total Posts:  1303
Joined  20-08-2004

07 January 2007 21:51

It’s always bothered me that he only has three beetles on his shield. Who is he leaving out? Ringo?

Joseph McMillan

Joseph McMillan
Total Posts:  7658
Joined  08-06-2004

07 January 2007 22:35

Marcus K wrote:

Well as a Knight Batchelor as the badge before the CBE below the shield tells he is, he is fully entitled to a CoA. The Beatles is obviously a reference to teh group.

As an English gentleman (defined approximately as someone with no criminal record and the ability to pay the fees) he would be entitled to a coat of arms with or without the knighthood and the CBE.

Andrew J Vidal

Andrew J Vidal
Total Posts:  567
Joined  13-10-2006

07 January 2007 23:45

It could be a matter of symetry, three beatles looks better than four.  At least to me it does.

gselvester

gselvester
Total Posts:  2683
Joined  11-05-2004

08 January 2007 00:55

Do you all get the reference contained in the badge? The abbot’s crozier refers to Abbey Road which is where the studios in which the Beatles recorded their music is located and the zebra is a reference to the crosswalk lines (often called a zebra) the Beatles are walking across on the cover of the Abbey Road album.

Very clever!

Guy Power

Guy Power
Total Posts:  1576
Joined  05-01-2006

08 January 2007 01:54

And only three Beetles because .... "Paul is dead."

LOL

—Guy

J Duncan of Sketraw

J Duncan of Sketraw
Total Posts:  271
Joined  15-01-2006

08 January 2007 02:43

Guy, John and George are dead and Paul is about to loose 850,000,000 in a divorce case so he is probably about ready to jump over the edge to join them.

Linusboarder

Linusboarder
Total Posts:  732
Joined  20-08-2006

08 January 2007 10:19

If I had to guess, and believe me it would be an educated guess at best. My best guess is that originally Ringo was not a part of the band, and he was added later. Is this possibly the producer that worked with them before Ringo joined?

I would doubt it though with the reference to Abby Road, which was obviously after Ringo joined, but it’s a thought. Otherwise I don’t know why there are only 3 Beatles.

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

08 January 2007 10:57

*OT*

John, how can he be about to loose when it is she that appears to be the lunatic of the two in this marriage? Of course I don’t follow this all very much, but my girl Clarissa does, so I am being forced to start watching the "E" channel more now than I used to and less ESPN than I used to ... so am I missing something in this?

Of the bunch my favorite has always been Paul. He was great with the band, which I only sort of liked, but he has been excellent on his own! (IMHO).

As tot his achievement, I do like it in many ways and now that the good Father has shed some more light on the meaning of the charges I really like this achievement… better than I like Paul’s, but ...

arriano

arriano
Total Posts:  1303
Joined  20-08-2004

08 January 2007 12:07

gselvester wrote:

Do you all get the reference contained in the badge? The abbot’s crozier refers to Abbey Road which is where the studios in which the Beatles recorded their music is located and the zebra is a reference to the crosswalk lines (often called a zebra) the Beatles are walking across on the cover of the Abbey Road album.

Very clever!

Wow, I never would have figured all that out. Thanks!

Madalch

Madalch
Total Posts:  792
Joined  30-09-2005

08 January 2007 12:44

I like the crest- a martin holding a recorder.

J Duncan of Sketraw

J Duncan of Sketraw
Total Posts:  271
Joined  15-01-2006

08 January 2007 14:09

Donnchadh wrote:

*OT*

John, how can he be about to loose when it is she that appears to be the lunatic of the two in this marriage? Of course I don’t follow this all very much, but my girl Clarissa does, so I am being forced to start watching the "E" channel more now than I used to and less ESPN than I used to ... so am I missing something in this?

Denny, This by all accounts is going to be her divorce settlement…..I think shes been a bit clever over this…you can catch up with all this if you desire via the BBC online.

John

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

08 January 2007 16:03

Nice design, tho’ there appear to be a few bugs to work out.

(souund of me ducking behind something solid…)

Seriously, nice heraldic design all ‘round, bugs & all.

Marcus K

Marcus K
Total Posts:  3368
Joined  06-05-2005

09 January 2007 15:36

Joseph McMillan wrote:

As an English gentleman (defined approximately as someone with no criminal record and the ability to pay the fees) he would be entitled to a coat of arms with or without the knighthood and the CBE.

Well of cause you are right there Joseph, but a CoA and a Knighthood goes hand in hand or should ...