illegal use of a badge

Joseph McMillan

Joseph McMillan
Total Posts:  7658
Joined  08-06-2004

03 March 2007 16:56

Donnchadh wrote:

Patrick, again, and I know I am a stupid man, but please bear with me and explain to me how when the article clearly indicates political problems for the prince regarding this move we are to divorce that from the thread?

The problem isn’t in mentioning political fallout from the badge incident.  The problem is such things as repeated excursions into whether the Welsh have a right to oppose being governed by the English monarchy, how any of us happen to feel about republicanism vs. monarchy, the moral duty of subjects to respect (as opposed to simply obey) their governors,  and other matters that have nothing to do with heraldry.  Especially after a moderator (me) has suggested once indirectly and then more firmly that we need to stick to the heraldic issues.

As everyone should know, I’m not afraid to debate anyone on the substance of this or any similar issue, but this isn’t the place for such discussions.  Also, everyone (not just Denny) will note that I did not single anyone (including Denny) out in calling for everyone to stick to heraldry.  No one needs to take personal offense; conversations stray off topic, and sometimes into political areas that can generate a lot of heat but not much heraldic enlightenment.

If anyone has an issue with a moderator’s judgment calls, feel free to take it to the board, but in the mean time, please understand that the moderators (in this case, me) are simply trying to keep things on track.

Thank you (all) for your cooperation.