9-11 message for our members…

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

09 September 2006 22:22

I wasn’t sure where to put this, so if the moderators et all can remove it to that place if need be I appreciate it. Thanks.

As most of you know, I am an orthodox Catholic so I don’t post on Sundays (personal choice) until it is midnight as a general rule. And since Monday was so soon thereafter I didn’t want to miss it.

I just want to say that on the fifth anniversary of the attacks of 9-11 a special thank you to all of our society’s members who serve this nation as either policemen, firemen, emergency medical personnel, military servicemen and women, those priests and religious who may serve as chaplains, those serving in a civil capacity to help protect this society, the volunteers, and everyone else that I may have missed that I thank you for your service and I pray to God for your health and well being and thank you for doing your part to help make this a more peaceful and beautiful world not only for us as Americans but for everyone else in the world as well.

I also want to say that those innocent victims are forever in my mind, as are their innocent families. I also want to publicly thank those men and women who gave their lives during these attacks and afterwards. Your service is appreciated so much and you are in my prayers. I especially keep any of your family members in my prayers as well.

May God bless you all, may God continue to bless America, and may God bless the world with His peace.

OK…back to heraldry now…

Jeremy K. Hammond

Jeremy K. Hammond
Total Posts:  1914
Joined  22-02-2016

10 September 2006 12:52

Here!  Here!  Great post Denny!

I would also like to include any veterans of those mentioned above, just because the events of 9/11 didn’t happen on their watch, their dedication, bravery and committment to keep our way of life safe is to be commended as well.

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

11 September 2006 00:22

I agree T.R. I should’ve thought of that…what with my dad being a Vietnam vet and a retired police detective and my mom being a nurse - formerly a part of the catastrophe responders teams from the several hospitals and nursing agencies here in Colorado (I think we often forget those emergency medical personnel from paramedics to the ER personnel…I don’t know why, but we always do).