Assumption Parish & School Arms FINALLY!!

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

03 October 2006 17:16

edited by member

Guy Power

Guy Power
Total Posts:  1576
Joined  05-01-2006

03 October 2006 18:45

Denny,

Your emblazons are extremely nice and well done—it is easy to observe the school has an affiliation with the parish.  They both jump right out at you (in a good sense) and are easily recognizable.  Especially nice is that you used only Argent and Azure—which is quite striking.

Just a constructive tip: because the heater shield is Argent, the thin line delineating the shield would work better if you thickened it; perhaps twice as broad.

Great job!!

—Guy

Mark Olivo

Mark Olivo
Total Posts:  536
Joined  23-02-2005

03 October 2006 18:56

This thread (and the academic heraldry threads) have really inspired me to look into whether or not my former schools use coats of arms.  It turns out they do not!  I plan on contacting them about this straight away.

Expect to hear a plea for help from me soon in designing them!

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Joined  13-07-2005

04 October 2006 00:31

Thanks Guy. I agree that the line should be larger. As you can see I have not added the motto to either yet, so before I do I will broaden the definition line of the shield.

After I add the mottos I will be having my friend, Patrick, who is a Master Framer mat and frame both. I thought about putting a little gold plate on the bottom of the mat saying something like donated to… by… on … But, the more I thought of that the more it seemed to be really self-boasting, which is not what I am doing this for at all. So, I won’t.

Again thanks for the tips from the bottom of my heart, as doing this for my parish and alma mater is very important for me. Thanks you.

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Joined  13-07-2005

04 October 2006 00:33

Mark, I would encourage you to design one for them. I think it is a great gift idea for anyone who is willing to ‘give back’ to those institutions that played such important parts in our personal development. I can’t wait to see your ideas and I would love to give my $.02.

Jeremy K. Hammond

Jeremy K. Hammond
Total Posts:  1914
Joined  22-02-2016

04 October 2006 11:34

Very nice!  I especially like the school’s arms.  Great job everyone!