Stampers/Embossers

Andrew J Vidal

Andrew J Vidal
Total Posts:  567
Joined  13-10-2006

12 January 2007 22:18

Does anyone know of a reputable vendor for a stamper/embosser?  Not that I have all that many documents to affix my seal to, I just think it would be nice to have one.  I do eventually plan on having the wax desk seal made, but for every day use (more likely occassional use) I’d like to have at least the rubber stamp version.

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

12 January 2007 23:38

I think either one of the good Fathers had a thread on this some time ago. I can’t remember which, so I’d PM both of them and see which one knows.

MohamedHossam

MohamedHossam
Total Posts:  967
Joined  03-12-2006

13 January 2007 00:01
AVD1

AVD1
Total Posts:  169
Joined  31-08-2006

13 January 2007 22:40

Andrew:

It depends in how much you want to spend…

Salagnac, Brose and Doulier are among the most reputed graveurs but they are not inexpensive.

you’ll find their link in this WEB

http://www.cronistas.net/Engraving.htm

For less expensive ones I’ll find some embosser in U.S. that was referd to me some time ago.

Andrew J Vidal

Andrew J Vidal
Total Posts:  567
Joined  13-10-2006

13 January 2007 23:01

What I’m looking for at the moment is actually a rubber stamper that I can apply to certain documents.  When I can, I plan on having Dexter do the desk seal for me, as they did my ring and I’m very impressed with their abilities.  I like the rubber stamp that D. Wooten applies to the ACH Registration, and I’d like to have something like that myself.

PBlanton

PBlanton
Total Posts:  808
Joined  06-11-2005

14 January 2007 15:53

Andrew,

If you’re looking for an inexpensive rubber stamp, try Office Depot. This stamp can be customized with any image you want, within the following guidelines:
<ul class=“bbcode_list”>
<li>Uploaded logos will be stored for a period of 12 months following their use on an order.</li>
<li>The maximum file size accepted for logos is 5 MB.</li>
<li>Logos should be black and white only. Grayscale, color or antialiased logos should NOT be imported.</li>
<li>Logos should have a minimum resolution of 600 dots per inch. The recommended resolution for logos is between 600 and 1200 DPI.</li>
<li>Accepted image file types are the following: BMP, GIF, JPG/JPEG, PCT/PICT and TIF/TIFF.</li>
</ul>
They have a few others like it in different sizes. Just search for "custom stamp".

Take care,

Scotus

Scotus
Total Posts:  322
Joined  13-05-2005

14 January 2007 16:18

Yes, that was me.  I ordered our heraldic parish seal from these people:  http://www.customembossers.com/  I was pleased.  I ordered the antique iron type of seal for the parish.  The time between ordering and getting the seal was not very long.

David Pritchard

David Pritchard
Total Posts:  2058
Joined  26-01-2007

31 January 2007 20:31

I have three sets of engraved matrices for embossing paper. They depict my badge, my escutcheon and a medieval ship bearing my arms on the sail and my badge on a banner fore and aft of the ship. To emboss paper, I slide a set of matrixes into desk embosser and press away.

Cannizzaro Seal & Engraving Co. in Brooklyn, New York made my embossing matrices. They were very professional and personable, I recommend them to anyone interested in having embossed writing paper. Their Internet site can be found here: http://www.cannizzaroseal.com/

jr330

jr330
Total Posts:  13
Joined  24-06-2006

02 February 2007 19:14

I had Guye Pennington at amorial-heirlooms.com make mine. Very nice quality-inexpensive-and in two sizes.