Harling Arms by Andrew Stewart Jamieson

Andrew Stewart Jamieson

Andrew Stewart Jamieson
Total Posts:  244
Joined  13-05-2011

03 January 2012 09:14

I completed two commissions for my good friends, existing clients and fellow AHS members yesterday.  The Crest of Philippe Pille and this:

The Armorial Bearings of Peter Harling

http://jamiesongallery.com/harlingarmscopyrightasj.html

I’m quite pleased with the owl I painted for Peter.  Today, I’ve moved on to a second crest for Lt. Michael Quigley.  I’ll add it to the existing thread he created later this evening.

I’d like to thank everyone for your positive comments about my work.  They inspire me to reach higher !

Richard G.

Richard G.
Total Posts:  451
Joined  26-07-2011

03 January 2012 09:54

There’s a visual warmth and comity in these arms I’ve not, until now, noticed before. Andy has perhaps also captured a glimpse of the person behind the arms? Well done!

Andrew Stewart Jamieson

Andrew Stewart Jamieson
Joined  13-05-2011

03 January 2012 10:04

Thank you Richard.

Kenneth Mansfield

Kenneth Mansfield
Total Posts:  2518
Joined  04-06-2007

03 January 2012 11:02

A beautiful emblazonment. Perfect choice of style, too. I particularly love it with that crest of Peter’s.

Aquilo

Aquilo
Total Posts:  278
Joined  02-10-2010

03 January 2012 11:06

I remember that I’ve seen another rendition of Peter’s arms done if I am not mistaken by Alexander Liptak ...at least this shoe and a book look familiar but of course Andrew’s painting to the highest standards reflects the beauty and meaning of these arms even more.

Andrew Stewart Jamieson

Andrew Stewart Jamieson
Joined  13-05-2011

03 January 2012 11:27

Kenneth Mansfield;91394 wrote:

A beautiful emblazonment. Perfect choice of style, too. I particularly love it with that crest of Peter’s.

Thanks Kenneth.  The crest fascinates me.  It just reminds me of something from a fairy tale by the Brother’s Grimm.  I wanted to give it kind of a medieval feel as well as I know that Peter likes his history.

j.carrasco

j.carrasco
Total Posts:  639
Joined  20-04-2011

03 January 2012 13:29

Andrew Stewart Jamieson;91396 wrote:

Thanks Kenneth.  The crest fascinates me.  It just reminds me of something from a fairytale by the Brother’s Grimm.  I wanted to give it kind of a medieval feel as well as I know that Peter likes his history.

Another beautiful emblazonment!  And I have to agree with you, Peter’s crest is one of the most original ones I’ve seen.  It most definitely reminds me of a fairy tale and I’m glad to see that you captured that quality in your emblazonment.

emrys

emrys
Total Posts:  852
Joined  08-04-2006

03 January 2012 13:34

beautiful :p

cachambers007

cachambers007
Total Posts:  164
Joined  04-06-2011

03 January 2012 16:52

Very nice indeed. I agree with the fairytale quality of the book in the boot. Also, your owls are always fantastic.

Andrew Stewart Jamieson

Andrew Stewart Jamieson
Joined  13-05-2011

03 January 2012 17:16

Every since I designed my father’s crest I have enjoyed painting owls.

http://www.jamiesongallery.com/clabiography.html

snssaks

snssaks
Total Posts:  11
Joined  02-10-2011

03 January 2012 19:57

This is a classy piece of work. I would think that some might try to come up with other types of shoes and applications, but you really have done a wonderful work here of really bringing out the romance and beauty of the concept, Andrew. I am sure it must be one of the keynote pieces of art that Peter would want to proudly display for all to see. Bravo!

PhilPille

PhilPille
Total Posts:  4
Joined  05-12-2011

04 January 2012 05:53

A brilliant emblazonment! I like the medieval feel of the crest.

Andrew Stewart Jamieson

Andrew Stewart Jamieson
Joined  13-05-2011

04 January 2012 07:33

Suzanne and Phil thank you yet again for your kind comments as my good friends I would think you would be tired of looking at my work as you guys usually see it before anyone else does :cool:

Peter Harling

Peter Harling
Total Posts:  87
Joined  19-11-2009

04 January 2012 14:41

Gentlemen/Ladies, I am humbled by your kind comments, I thank you most sincerely. Really, were it not for Mr Jamieson’s exceptional talents my arms would possibly not be receiving the accolade you have so kindly given them!

As has been mentioned here above I do have lovely artwork from various heraldic artists all exceptionally fine works of art, worthy of any armiger. But I must say my feelings are that Mr Jamieson brings that "something special" to his art, very difficult to put ones finger on exactly what that something is, but you recongnise it when you see it!

I understand Mr Jamieson has now withdrawn from accepting commissions and will be more involved in heraldic work for ‘higher authority.’ I can only wish him well in this and though I consider it our loss I’m sure all will be pleased with his career advancement.

Regarding my Owl! My wife and I love owls (we used to breed them), they are wonderful birds, much maligned in some quarters, but we always found them to be gentle, ‘wise,’ and careing parents; never fierce or cruel. I am pleased to write that Mr Jamieson portrayed my owl to perfection, LOL.

My kind regards ...........  Peter

Andrew Stewart Jamieson

Andrew Stewart Jamieson
Joined  13-05-2011

05 January 2012 16:30

Peter,

Thanks. It is always good to get positive feed back.

Andrew Stewart Jamieson

Andrew Stewart Jamieson
Joined  13-05-2011

05 January 2012 18:46

Peter I’ll send you some photos of owls I’ve painted that I think you will enjoy.  My family is quite fond of owls as well.

I didn’t want to start another thread but I completed this one today for an American White Shield mate of ours.

http://jamiesongallery.com/dwyerarmscopyrightasj.html