It’s been some time…

Robert Blackard

Robert Blackard
Total Posts:  117
Joined  22-01-2012

26 April 2012 23:39

Just wanted to say hello, i’ve doing some research of what I want as a coat of arms. I have some ideas, but only thing i’m having a hard time with is, do i want a basic coat of arms or something elaborate. I found many symbols that resemble me as in my birth date and meanings of my name. But I feel that may be to much. This is something i’ve been thinking about. Also, it doesn’t help that i’ve been going to college as well, so my mind has be else where in my studies.

Again, I just wanting to stay in touch and say "hello!"  smile

Richard G.

Richard G.
Total Posts:  451
Joined  26-07-2011

27 April 2012 03:53

Good to hear from you Robert. It’s understandable your present focus is on college which I hope is going well. When your ready, I’m sure forum members will be happy to hear more about your thoughts for a design, and ready to assist. Looking forward to it!

j.carrasco

j.carrasco
Total Posts:  639
Joined  20-04-2011

27 April 2012 12:25

Welcome back Robert!  I hope when you’re ready and have some time you’ll start posting some of your ideas for your arms on the forum.  There are many here that would be more than willing to help you put your ideas together and create something that is solely you.  I look forward to seeing what your ideas are.

Michael F. McCartney

Michael F. McCartney
Total Posts:  3535
Joined  24-05-2004

27 April 2012 16:14

Dittos to the above.  Also, it’s somewhat refreshing (because so unusual!) for a seeker to NOT be in such an all-fired rush to judgement!  (Blazon in haste, regret at leisure…)

Only one initial comment—simple is generally better than lots of oh-so-meaningful-or-at-least-it-was-once clutter.  Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consider lots of possible goodies, but be selective and purposeful when you’re narrowing down toward a final result.

Good luck with your studies—we all look forward to hearing/seeing more from you later!

Kathy McClurg

Kathy McClurg
Total Posts:  1274
Joined  13-03-2009

27 April 2012 21:32

Aye - this group is great for design help.  I should KNOW… They’ve helped a great deal with McClurgs and Beckers (and I’m about to ask for Challis - but that’s another thread).

J. Stolarz

J. Stolarz
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  30-11-2007

27 April 2012 22:01

The people here have helped many avoid some…well, down right disastrous arms, and instead have helped created some of the nicest I’ve seen.  I’m sure we all look forward to when you want to begin your design.

Robert Blackard

Robert Blackard
Total Posts:  117
Joined  22-01-2012

28 April 2012 02:17

My goodness, thank you everyone for the support and kind words. I know that when im ready, i’ll have a great help from you guys. Thanks!

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison
Total Posts:  1006
Joined  10-03-2009

28 April 2012 22:35

Looking forward to your eventual assumption of arms Robert. smile