The arms of David T. Boven

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

15 May 2007 15:21

absolutely masterful Alex! i am in awe…

i agree you should protect these images…Nenad has had his arms lifted and put on a very strange website…he shared this with us at the HSS website…simply disgusting what some people will do!!! you should move to protect your wonderful, masterful work and the images of your clients arms.

very, very nice work Alex.

Kelisli

Kelisli
Total Posts:  570
Joined  13-08-2006

15 May 2007 16:42

Very nice indeed smile Great talent, Alex.

arriano

arriano
Total Posts:  1303
Joined  20-08-2004

15 May 2007 17:03

Well, you have to admit that it was certainly worth the wait. Absolutely terrific job, Alex.

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

17 May 2007 13:31

alex i so love the detail in your work. do u mind if i ask what medium u use? it is simply spectacular and if it is gouache it is the best use of that medium i have ever seen in my life - for any art form…seriously…and i mean no disrespect to other artists by saying that…

Alex Kurov

Alex Kurov
Total Posts:  35
Joined  24-05-2006

23 May 2007 14:00

Dear colleagues and friends,

I thank all of you for your responses and comments! It was very pleasantly and important for me to receive so high estimation of my new artwork. So, I close this affair with deep feeling of satisfaction.

It is necessary to notice that I have received two questions with claims in occasion of wrong display of the gamecock and wrong display of the crest coronet. Unfortunately, I had no time to answer these claims in detail. Right now I can say that I do not see any opportunities to display the gamecock better than I have made it, and better than it has been made on all other interpretations of the arms of David Boven. The assumption that according to the blazon in this crest the gamecock should be displayed as "issuant demi" (and, apparently, “displayed” because I cannot imagine “demi gamecock” differently than only “displayed”) is, in my opinion, ridiculous.

About the crest coronet I can say that for many years I consistently depart from some “red tape” norms in all cases when I consider that such withdrawal will be pertinent and useful to heraldic art. So, I start with representation that during alive heraldry untitled crowns were a decorative detail of a crest and could have absolutely any configuration. Right now I have the book before eyes with set of examples from German heraldry where the set of decorative crowns in the most different modifications can be seen. Is it the higher level of heraldic art? Of course (with all respect for Anglo-Saxon tradition). In case of art interpretation of arms David Boven I did not consider myself limited as Anglo-Saxon tradition, but also considered even necessary to ignore some bureaucratic dogmas regarding model crest coronet. I am not the dogmatic, I am the traditionalist. I believe that our friend Dave has enough other interpretations of his arms in which crest coronet is displayed in full conformity with Anglo-Saxon tradition. My mission consists in the decision of other, more important tasks. Who will want to throw in me a stone?

ninest123

ninest123
Total Posts:  1703
Joined  29-06-2017

27 September 2018 05:19

20180927 xiaoou
salomon outlet
canada goose outlet
michael kors
ralph lauren outlet
coach outlet
canada goose outlet