Welcome to the new improved American Heraldry Society Forums!

Jeremy K. Hammond

Jeremy K. Hammond
Total Posts:  1914
Joined  22-02-2016

20 June 2006 14:27

I would like to welcome everyone to the new improved American Heraldry Society Forums. The AHS Board of Directors listened to the concerns and suggestions of many of our members and contributing guests and finalized what you see here today. We hope that this new structure will help everyone find what they are looking for faster and bring answers to those with questions more efficiently.

With any turnover of systems we can expect some bugs. I think the biggest will be in Registered Users and Members. AHS Members have access to a Members Only category, entitled Members Area, the ability to search the forums, create polls and upload images within their posts. If you have paid your dues since February 2006 or joined during or after November of 2005 you should have access to that area. If you don’t please send me or Michael Swanson a Private Message and we will determine the issue. If you haven’t paid your dues then you will need to do so in order to get access to the forums in that area.

Registered Users are our guests and have the ability to participate in our Open Discussions forums however, are limited to the more basic forums functions. Their arms also won’t be displayed in the AHS Member’s Arms pages.

The old forums will be opened within a couple of days for archival searches only. I hope that everyone enjoys the new forums and if you have any suggestions please post them in the Forum Help and Comments forum.

Joseph McMillan

Joseph McMillan
Total Posts:  7658
Joined  08-06-2004

20 June 2006 14:41

I hope our colleagues will join me in thanking TR and Mike Swanson for an excellent job, not only in restructuring the forums but also in recovering our site from last week’s loss of information.  Well done, guys!

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

20 June 2006 15:03

It is certainly nice to see this back up and running! I have to admit that I went through some withdrawal & kept checking the site daily to see when it came back up and even after you posted the announcement of when it would be up—- I think I’ve become an addict! LOL

Seriously I want to thank y’all for getting it back up and running and the work you had to put in to do it. It is nice to see it back. Thank you.

Slán,

Donnchadh

smile

Hardouin

Hardouin
Total Posts:  58
Joined  16-09-2005

20 June 2006 15:09

Thanks for your time T.R. and Mike. I’d like to echo Joe here and add that I think your extra work will really pay off for us in the long term, and I like the new system.

Jeremy K. Hammond

Jeremy K. Hammond
Joined  22-02-2016

20 June 2006 15:18

I want to make sure that Mike receives the larger portion of Kudos here. When the system went down last week I was at Cub Scout Day Camp teaching 7-10 year old boys how to shoot lima beans out of a sling-shot at milk jugs. I was unable to get to any computer and Mike was able to get everything back.

Nicolas Vernot

Nicolas Vernot
Total Posts:  199
Joined  22-01-2006

20 June 2006 15:35

Congratulations for the clear new forums. I think it will be easier for us now to find old messages and to follow the threads.

The forums are a very interesting place to learn and share, so these improvements are really welcome.

It must have been a hard work to build all this up. All my best wishes for the AHS !

Nicolas

Guy Power

Guy Power
Total Posts:  1576
Joined  05-01-2006

20 June 2006 15:36

I was really getting the heraldic-shakes after these many days of withdrawal!  Glad to see the site back up.

By the way .... where is the "posts since last visited" link?  I really want access to that so I don’t have to peruse each and every section to see what’s new.

Never mind—just found it under the "Quick Links" drop-down window on top.

Hmmmm…. the manually employed highlighting above makes me wonder if we have the quick buttons for sizing/font/color ??

Thanks!

—Guy

Jeremy K. Hammond

Jeremy K. Hammond
Joined  22-02-2016

20 June 2006 15:38

Guy Power wrote:

I was really getting the heraldic-shakes after these many days of withdrawal! Glad to see the site back up.

By the way .... where is the "posts since last visited" link? I really want access to that so I don’t have to peruse each and every section to see what’s new.

Thanks!

—Guy

Right in the middle at the top.  NewPosts

snelson

snelson
Total Posts:  464
Joined  03-06-2005

20 June 2006 15:40

Quote:

Right in the middle at the top. NewPosts

I’m looking, but I don’t see it.  All I see is User CP, FAQ, Members List, Calendar, Quick Links and Log Out.

Guy Power

Guy Power
Joined  05-01-2006

20 June 2006 15:41

Oh, thanks.  If it were a snake ......  smile

What about emphases?  manually?

—Guy

Jeremy K. Hammond

Jeremy K. Hammond
Joined  22-02-2016

20 June 2006 15:50

snelson wrote:

I’m looking, but I don’t see it. All I see is User CP, FAQ, Members List, Calendar, Quick Links and Log Out.

The NewPosts feature uses search functionality, which only AHS Members are able to use.

AHS Members, I may not have you listed as a member on the forum.  If you are not able to see the Members Area or the NewPosts above, then I will need you to let me know when you paid your annual dues and how.

I do apologize for the inconvenience however, this is the best way for us to weed out who is here and who isn’t anymore.

Guy Power

Guy Power
Joined  05-01-2006

20 June 2006 16:15

T.R. Griffith wrote:

AHS Members, I may not have you listed as a member on the forum.  If you are not able to see the Members Area or the NewPosts above, then I will need you to let me know when you paid your annual dues and how.

Hmmmmmmmm .... I can’t find the PM button so will have to send this in the clear.

I’m a member.

—Guy

Scotus

Scotus
Total Posts:  322
Joined  13-05-2005

20 June 2006 16:40

A wonderful job!  I looks great!

PBlanton

PBlanton
Total Posts:  808
Joined  06-11-2005

20 June 2006 16:43

Bravo!  Great job!  Kudos!  Awesome work!  (Applause!)

The new BB looks great!

Thanks for getting it online in a timely manner, I too was starting to go through withdrawal.

-Phil

Donnchadh

Donnchadh
Total Posts:  4101
Joined  13-07-2005

20 June 2006 16:48

Hi Mr. Pres. For the record, I just signed up today, as I was going to when the previous version went down. So, I don’t expect my status to be changed right away, as I don’t know how fast “PayPal” works with you folks.

But, since you are looking to weed out who is and who isn’t, well I am a paid applicant as of about 20 minutes ago…but eagerly (trying patiently) waiting for it to all get set up. (I feel like a kid at Christmas just waiting to get out of my room to see what Santa Claus had brought and this past week being down…well…was sort of like the month of December leading up to that glorious day!!! LOL)

DRShorey

DRShorey
Total Posts:  528
Joined  11-12-2005

20 June 2006 16:53

Thank you all for your hard work on getting the site and forums back up! I too was going through withdrawl. smile

Dave Shorey